Foodies of York Event 16th June 2010

Dates for York Food Festival Event

My sister Pam and I went to the Merchant Adventurers Hall on Wednesday 16th June for a local food/drink networking event. There were several local businesses with samples of their produce. I think my favourite had to be the homemade chocolates... so unusual. eg Yorkshire Curd or Blackcurrant. The creator is Little Pretty Things and well worth taking some of her chocolates home with you. They also do chocolate workshops and partys etc visit her website here http://www.littleprettything.co.uk/about-us/contact-little-pretty-things

York Brewery also had a stall there. Take a tour of the brewery and sample some of their beers. Pam and I were driving, so sadley we had to decline :-(

The Yorkhire Food Company is situated on Micklegate Hill just around the corner from The York Brewery. It has a small coffee shop style area where you can buy a freshly prepared meal, it also has a deli serving locally sourced produce. Pam and I often go here just for a coffee and a cake. Its a nice place to relax especially after the Brewery Tour. Thy had a selection of different flavoured sausages I think my favourite had to be the pork and black pudding.

The cheese stall had a selection of local cheeses. My favourite was the Yorkshire Blue. OMG it was so delicous I shall be treating myself the next time I visit there.
www.deliyork.co.uk. Interestingly they offer picnics to go if you need

Another interesting thing to do whilst in York is take some lessons at The Cooking Rooms. http://www.thecookingrooms.com/

Russ keeps telling me I need some lessons so perhaps this might be on my Christams list. Ill keep you posted

Comments

Popular Posts