Personal Experience of a Personal Trainer

In 2002 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, it was raging out of control

I was feeling pretty low and not enjoying life in general. I really knew I had to do something positive for myself.

A couple of years ago I enrolled a personal trainer, Jason Feavers.

I truly felt foolish. I really didn't want to exercise and was scared and reluctant as to what was going to be expected from me. Jason is absolutely fantastic and explained how the roles of a P.T has changed over the years. No more push push for the burn and more lifestyle coaching. He works with several professionals like Elaine Wilson and Suzanne Brue and believes very strongly research and making positive changes. Jason is very encouraging and uses persuasive instruction. He must be a very clever man because he has actually in succeeded in getting me to exercise without it actually disliking like it. He has a very simple philosophy and that is that the exercise must be something you enjoy. He also works with people who in training for goals like marathons, climbs, events etc. A diverse spectrum.

So far I have tried Nordic walking, power plate, TRX, kettle bells, boxercise. I have started dancing in both ceroc and salsa.

On the positive side, my diabetes management has really improved so much so that I have managed to be taken off 1 of the tablets, and made lots of new friends and tried new experiences.

I would defiantly recommend a personal trainer. Choose your tranier carefully and make sure you are both working towards the same goal. It really can be a positive step.

Comments

Popular Posts