Castle Museum Tourist Attraction York Yorkshire

One of the best museums in York, (which often gets over looked) is The Castle Museum. It is in my opinion THE best museum. It is council owned and because of this does not have a massive advertising budget.Take the time to visit it whilst staying here you will not be disappointed and best of all its only a few minutes walk from the the York Priory Guesthouse

I asked my receptionist Helen to write an independent review


The Castle Museum by Helen 14Th July 2010

The Castle Museum is one of York’s top tourist attraction’s and in my opinion, it really deserves to be. I have memories of visiting it as a child on family holidays – I loved it then and I still love it now. I particularly like the recreation of the Victorian Street, with all the old shops and businesses for you to look around. There’s also prison cells and school rooms to explore too. The Museum regularly changes the exhibitions and always has something new and interesting to offer, because of that, it’s one of the few tourist attractions I still visit even now I live in York permanently. It’s a big museum with plenty to see, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to look around. And remember, once you’ve paid to get in, your ticket remains valid for for a year, so you can go back as many times as you like to see anything you missed first time around, which makes it a real bargain!

Comments

Popular Posts